What are the benefits of a thank-you letter to the vendor team?
It’s not as required as the previous letter, but this note of appreciation, again, will set you apart from the “crowd.” It will also give you a definite competitive edge over the other perspective vendors for the position. Another idea to give you a leg up on the competition is to follow up an emailed thank-you letter with a snail-mailed copy of the letter. Hand-address the envelope if your handwriting is legible. In that case, a hand-scripted thank-you note is a great touch. Whether typed or penned by hand, personalize these letters as much as possible, but keep them simple.
The general format of your thank-you letter should follow these guidelines:
1. Express thanks and appreciation for the appointment and the interviewer’s time.
2. Reiterate interest in the business and working with the company.
3. Refer to a topic, question or event that occurred during the appointment.
4. Show appreciation for information shared with you during the appointment.
5. Close with a final thank you and reference of looking forward to possibly working together in the near future.
When sending a thank-you letter to the decision maker, the general format should follow these guidelines:
1. Express appreciation for arranging the appointment.
2. State that you are interested doing business with them and helping them grow their business further.
3. Include a brief value statement that emphasizes your ability, your products or services, to make a contribution to the organization.
4. Close with a final thank-you and state your interest in receiving the business.
What are the benefits of a thank-you letter to your networking contacts?
Here again, with some well-placed appreciation, you can really differentiate yourself from the pack. Most people network and get ideas/leads from others, but they rarely slow down long enough to go back and thank the person who helped them, let alone provide that individual with an update of how the lead worked out. It’s just another way to get noticed and stand out from other new business executives.
When sending a thank-you letter to networking contacts, the general format should follow these guidelines:
1. Express appreciation for the help provided.
2. Offer feedback on the benefits your contact’s help afforded you.
3. Update them on the status of your new business acquisitions.
4. Request ongoing or additional help.
5. Close with a final thank-you statement.
In next week’s Corporate Success Partners blog, I will share with you:
15 Tips to Writing Cover Letters You Should Know
If you would need professional help in the area of determining whether or not you have optimistic support members on your team, please call us at 847-577-2000, or 1-800-227-5802 to discuss your options on understanding your team more fully in terms of their ability to support and achieve the corporate success you are looking for this year.
Have a great week and productive week, managing the changes and challenges that are currently going on in your company.
I wish you a wonderfully successful and productive week ahead.
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Corporate Success Expert
Eleanor Anne Sweet
Your Corporate Success Consultant, Trainer, Speaker and Author
Corporate Success Partners.com
Leave a Reply